News Members Photos Videos Forum Races Links
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Wingroves 

on the subject of buying dirt, ages ago i rang up countryside supplies (they sell all kinds of dirt, wood chips etc.) and they only have grade A or Grade B soil, no clay cos thats rubish as far as gardeners are concerned, i think its about 30 - 40 quid for 1 dumpy or soil, this isnt like normal mud, its good topsoil, as thats wat gardeners want. 1 dumpy is 1 ton, or about 1 metre cubed. and thats not alot, to much i think for the amount of dirt your getting, well for what we want it for anyway. the best bet is to go to a local building site, theres one near me, and ask them if they can deliver their mud to you. if they are building a house, then they will have hundreds on tons of sirt they dont want, and will probs charge us about 50 quid for a lorry load, which is loads of mud. The site near me have already shifted all their dirt but i think they still have a little bit left, i dunno, if there is any in hyde heath it would be better as delivery charges would be cheaper.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Administrator
Administrator

I think it's just a case that you went to the wrong place. There will be some that wil provide it purely for silling holes and landscapeing, this is the sorta stuff we want and it should be alot cheaper. Look into how much it would be to shift building site dirt. A mate of mine got a load dumped on our local leicester trails or free as we were saving they guys money as they'd only have to pay to dispose of it otherwise.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:20 pm
Profile E-mail

yea, ill try my best to find out, itll be well good if they do it for free

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:24 pm
Profile E-mail