News Members Photos Videos Forum Races Links
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

The Street Rides Thread... 
Administrator
Administrator

Found a pic of one of my local street spots.

Refered to as the bowls, they are two old water fountains that are dryed up and no longer in use. The drainage is amazing so they are rideable all year round. The grass bank on the outside goes all they way round and is sloaped so it makes a nice landing. There are two wall thingys on each one you can see the other is set back further and lower so great to hop out to stall onto. Both bowls are pretty much identical execept one of them has steaper grass banks and the other's wall thingys are alot more knackered as the hardcore peg guys usually go in that one. The bowls are not completely consistant all the way round there are steaper parts that are good for airing out. It's good having two so they dont get too busy.

Interestingly enough i found this pic by chance but i actually met this guy up our trails yesterday when we were diging the new double and quarter pipe. He had a stock p45 and his mate had a stock dmr drone. Two rival bikes :). I was never really a fan of the drone it looked like a cheapy Transition. But in the flesh it's really nice, i should of asked for a ride. The forks were interesting as they were not trailblades, they were some trek bruiser cheap looking ones. At lease identiti use their flagship fork on their bike.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:30 pm
Profile E-mail

yeh lol gd drainage!! u get so much gd street stuff in cities! lucky arse!

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Administrator
Administrator

I found a pic of another local street spot, again featuring that fool who looks like the receptionist from ghost busters.

It's a pretty awful overview as it's a large spot like the amersham Councils. It's great to ride at night as it's all lit up and it's also on campus and opposite a pretty trendy bar called the Quay, which is where the spot takes it's name from. So you get alot of attention from drunk students. :P I must admit i even watch people ride if i'm there and on the balcony. Once i get my new phone i'll get some better pics.

Found this funny pic of my mate Mik (burger). This double is now massive, they've been doing loads of work over the winter, i saw it yesterday. Miks in his late 30s and still going strong. Wonder how high he'll be going on the new jump this summer. :shock:

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Profile E-mail

the riding in leicster looks well good, better than round here, and was in oxford today, that looks quite good aswell

speaking of street rides, anyone want to take a trip up to watford skatepark, looks good.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Administrator
Administrator

the riding in leicster looks well good, better than round here, and was in oxford today, that looks quite good aswell

speaking of street rides, anyone want to take a trip up to watford skatepark, looks good.

Yeah it is good, i'll get some of the other spots when i can. The one we rode all yesterday was our ghetto skate park. Basically we've built stuff from random wood under the canopy of an abandoned petrol station. It's good in the wet too cos of that. :D

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Administrator
Administrator

Went out on the streets for a long while tonite. We spent half the time at the ghetto skatepark, it's really starting to come together nicely we even started putting in some proper runs. The rest of the time we were at the quay. Someone must have been there before us as there was a nice woodern kicker up a set of stairs. After getting egged on by the rest of the guys i too tryed to 180 to fakie out it and actually got the hang of it pretty quick. It's great fun to do. Yes, progression is good. :)

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:07 am
Profile E-mail