News Members Photos Videos Forum Races Links
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Aston Hill 

Post Aston Hill
Seeing as the forum's been down a while, (kept saying it was being upgraded) I thought i'd post a lil topic about some of the new things at Aston.

After a good session on Tuesday with Barrels, Cubbage Jr. and Cubbage Sr. I can report:

The Black run: Has a new line just before the corner into the "black run drop" on "cocaine alley". Its jst lots of sweeping switchbacks going down. Also the last drop into the bombhole, is now a big stepdown, which as of yet, I hav'nt properly gone for or cleared.

DH4: Not much of a change, just after the drop into the superchute thing, the corners have been tightened a bit.

DH3: Kinda big change here; Just before the first fire-road, the track sweeps out more as you turn onto the fire-road, then comes back in.
Also the first lil jump on the second half of DH3 has been built up.

These aren't confirmed but according to Barrels:

They're building a jump route at the top of the 4x, by the bombholes.

They're making a Black Black run that goes off to the right by the 4x's last corner. (pretty cool I always thought they should put something here as it's very steep!)

Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Aston Hill
Here's some pics of the track changes on DH3. Ive marked roughly where the old route was in red and the new line in blue.

Poor quality photos but they were just with my phone.

These two are of the new line on the first fireroad, the first image is facing the wrong way.

These two are of the secton just before the first fireroad, again with the first image facing the wrong way.

And this is the lil kicker at the start of the second section which has been built up.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:07 pm
Profile E-mail